The process for obtaining an apostille on a birth certificate can vary depending on the jurisdiction in which it was issued. However, here is a general overview of the steps involved in the United States:
- Obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate from the issuing authority, such as the vital records office in the state you were born in. For example, if you were born in Manhattan, NY, contact the New York County Clerk’s office for a certified copy. In Florida, contact the State Registrar’s office.
- Check the requirements of the country where the birth certificate will be used to make sure it meets their criteria for an apostille. You may also need to apostille other documents too. For example, you may be asked to apostille your FBI background check.
- Contact the Secretary of State in the state where the birth certificate was issued to find out the specific process and requirements for obtaining an apostille. We can process your birth certificate through any of the Secretary of State offices.
- Mail in a certified copy of your birth certificate and our apostille order forms for processing.
- Wait for the apostille to be processed, which can take several days or weeks depending on the state. Our estimated processing time can be found here: Apostille Processing Time
- Once the apostille is processed, it will be attached to your birth certificate, certifying that the document is authentic and can be recognized in the country where it will be used.
Obtaining an apostille on your birth certificate can be complicated and time-consuming. Don’t leave this process to untrained employees or non-professionals who do not fully understand the Apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your paperwork could be rejected costing you time and money. Don’t let this happen to you!
Our staff is available Monday-Saturday from 8am to 7pm to answer your questions and provide you easy to follow-step-by-step instructions. Please call us at 1-888-810-4054
Click the PDF download image to get started. Our apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.